Whitchurch Forum

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Daniel on September 17, 2007, 06:58:36 pm

Title: Two candidates put forward for the district council by-election
Post by: Daniel on September 17, 2007, 06:58:36 pm
Two candidates have been put forward for the district council by-election in Whitchurch.

The Labour party's Jim Gibb and the Conservative's Bill Judge will be up for nomination on the 18th October.

The liberal Democrats candidate is yet to be confirmed.

Title: Re: Two candidates put forward for the district council by-election
Post by: Athelstan on September 21, 2007, 09:23:38 pm
I had to smile at the latest party literature pushed through my door... "Bill sorts it!". The top story on this gentleman's 'list of credits' is getting Southern Water to make temporary repairs on a water meter cover. The literature quotes "Bill Judge had Southern Water making temporary repairs within 4 HOURS". (their bold not mine!).

The literature is either suggesting we have a highly responsive Utility company or that we have a candidate who knows how a telephone works.

Tough choice...

Personally, I give credit to Southern Water for being a highly responsive company who, without grandstanding, get on with their job.

Are they also running in this election?

Title: Re: Two candidates put forward for the district council by-election
Post by: Simon Preedy on October 25, 2007, 08:56:18 am
I thought this weblink on the Baz Gaz site, and reader's comments, might be of interest to this Forum:

"Lib Dems clain vacant council seat": http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/newsheadlines/display.var.1772518.0.libdems_claim_vacant_council_seat.php

Whitchurch Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.5.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.