Whitchurch Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2007, 11:19:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
SMF - Just Installed
233 Posts in 38 Topics by 44 Members
Latest Member: Wemalulge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Whitchurch Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Idea for a town centre enhancement
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Which enhancements would you choose? Select up to three....  (Voting closes: December 28, 2007, 06:06:43 pm)
Tardis
Crazy Golf
Painted Bollards
Children's Poem Plaques
None of the above
Other idea (please explain)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Idea for a town centre enhancement  (Read 1924 times)
thewhitorg
Administrator

Email
Re: Idea for a town centre enhancement
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2007, 11:16:33 pm »

Graham,

On the "poor understanding of planting aspects", I have already told you that I have made sure that you are to be fully involved in all matters horticultural and already have been to the extent that your avenue of trees is included - so if there are any problems with "the planting aspects", the town will be coming to you!

I am also not sure on comments you have made about resin surfaces, I thought I heard you say that it is very cheap when referring to its use on pavements but you then said it was expensive to use in the car park - are we talking about different surfaces and hence costs?

Has anyone else any problems reading and understanding the material, a copy of which is at http://thewhitchurchweb.org/TCIP071212.htm?

On the level of consultation. I don't think that we are dealing with a Terminal 5 here. The health check involved 2 major open days when the areas to be improved were identified, the questionnaire sent to every household in the town earlier this year showed massive support (from those that bothered to respond) for the scheme. The plans have been drawn up based on that. People had a chance to see and hear what you had to offer at your exhibition in September and they now have a whole month to look at the current versions (Details will be in the local press, the Parish Magazine, this website and on posters).  If, as you say, the plans don't speak for themselves, to man a weekend display would require the presence of the HCC planners. They would have to be paid out of the money that has been allocated to the works. What is happening is believed by the Steering Committee to be the appropriate level of review at this stage.

By the way, what is the name of the lady who was complaining about the pavement outside the dentists? She didn't make a written comment and, although I thought I heard you say you were representing her views, in the absence of anything in writing, I will submit a comment on her behalf.

Phil
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: